quick summary of changes since 3.0 to current:
- tab completion in dir input box
- tabs in main window for quick access to option tabs formerly located in preferences dialog these are: misc, enumurate, truncate and the ned id3v1 tab.
- id3v1 support including: guess tag from file name, basic cleanup on tags, option to set all tags for artist/ album/ comment
- enumerate you can set amount of digits to pad to with zero
- truncate, when using style truncate from middle you can now set what characters (if any) to insert in the middle to symbolize that the file has been truncated.
- Is safe to use weird characters in rm word and special casing lists.
- Is safe to use weird characters in rm words option, regexp character have been turned off by default with the exception of |, or. It can be turned back on under preferences.
- I have a mug shot of myself in the about dailog, needs to be trimmed up etc yet for 3.5.
copy n paste of changelog from 3.0 through to current 3.2.14 :
7:19 PM 4/08/2006
* now use the OS's native getdir dialog, instead of tk 1
3:52 PM 4/08/2006
* add bookmarks feature, can add/ del/ edit (after add/ delete prog needs to be
restarted for new bookmarks to show up).
* removed option advance, replaced with option cleanup
* aligned tabs in main window.
3:52 PM 3/08/2006
* set dir ent to use / on windows
* comments are cleaned up
* added 2 more mp3 name formats for tag guessing.
11:56 PM 1/08/2006
* added options for setting comments, comments wont be tidied at this stage,
I cant see any need for it.
* added ([[a-f0-9]*]) to pattern list, gets common md4 tags seen in bt files
8:48 PM 1/08/2006
* updated gui, so that *most* conflicting options cant be set
* each main tab has a lil label uptop.
8:14 PM 1/08/2006
* tidied up the fixname chain, which fixed uc/lc all.
5:16 PM 1/08/2006
* user can manually set artist & album tags on any mp3s that will be processed
1:13 PM 1/08/2006
* added mkv to file ext's
* added vtv, dsr
12:43 AM 1/08/2006
* what a pain in the arse, ran into rendering probs with dynamic tabs - would
work fine until compiled to exe, had 2 use place to manually set size.
* added tab completion to dir input box.
10:13 PM 31/07/2006
* used dynamic tabs to shift all renaming options to main window, huge
improvement I feel.
5:33 PM 31/07/2006
* Added option to save window size and position, very handy.
10:08 PM 30/07/2006
* added option to overwrite pre-existing tags when using "guess id3 tags"
* added guess id3 tag from filename support.
5:16 PM 30/07/2006
* Uc 1st char of id3 fields (art, tit, alb) when casing is turned on
* sorted id3 vars out (werent being cleared on start of new file).
* destroy dir dialog before listing (stops gui lag on dialog).
* updated includes for benifit of pp compiler
* fsfix wasnt been turned on automatically for win32, fixed.
3:17 PM 30/07/2006
* id3 working fine, next step is id3v2
* id3 tag writing enabled, added counter to keep track of id3 writes.
* id3 tags are cleaned up when running - no writing as of yet.
* removed txt both width n height settings from prefs (no longer needed).
* prefs cleanup.
5:26 PM 29/07/2006
* set dif dialog fonts for win32 and linux
* fixed typo that caused filename,filename output.
2:50 PM 29/07/2006
* can toggle id3 mode, option is saved etc.
* improved rm words, looks inside brackets
* improved cleanup routine.
* when casing is enabled, 1st letter of each filename will be uc, over riding
specific casing option.
* using single hlist instead of txt box now
* reading/ displaying of id3v1 tags supported (no writting yet).
* resizing works pretty much like a normal windows app now.
3.1 beta 1
* truncate works properly again
* can specify what character/s (if any) u would like to use for instertion of
middle of file when using truncate from middle style.
* fixed typo in about dialog finally :P
* directory is listed automatically on open and when selecting from dir dialog.
* fixed about dialog size problem :)
* discovered uri wasnt always working, inspected and couldnt work it out. So I
wrote my own string escaping routine and it seems 2 work a charm.
3:52 AM 23/07/2006
* got image working correctly with pp (major arsing around).
2:49 AM 23/07/2006
* added my mugshot to about dialog :)
12:54 AM 23/07/2006
* organized and cleaned all up all variables *phew*
* justified text in main in options window.
* changed routine for clear button, only clears input boxes & related check boxes.
* uses config file with version number in filename, easy way to introduce new
options. No need to check what version config file is anymore or worry about
conflict old/new option names.
10:32 PM 22/07/2006
* can set amount of zeros for enumerate to pad to.
* updated win32 build script, wasnt including tk::spinbox for some reason
* did some work on options sorting out vars (major headace).
6:34 PM 22/07/2006
* update all modules to reference main vars correctly.
* removed items from config file that arent ment to be saved.
5:30 PM 22/07/2006
* adjusted fonts on all txt windows.
2:12 PM 22/07/2006
* turned all external scripts to basic .pm's
8:34 PM 20/07/2006
* split of some routines from the main script, using do atm, will make
proper libs when I find out how again :P.
* escape strings from spec casing, kill word list.
12:50 PM 20/07/2006
* older version of config files are detected and updated.
* resizing text boxes updates in realtime.
* merged some options in config dialog & config gui cleanup.
12:51 AM 20/07/2006
* added option to set height, and Ive learn how to use spin boxes :)
* regexp is disabled in rm words options, can be enabled under advanced.
* it is now safe to use special characters in specific casing list.
9:43 PM 10/07/2006
* Cleaned up gui, shifted some less use options to preferances dialog
should look better in linux mode now.
* can set width of txt feild in preferences under advance.
1:58 PM 10/07/2006
* improved killword matching
* U can manually change width of txt boxes by editing config file.
(seems grid geometry manager doesnt allow for widget resizing atm.)